Studio Zee Pilates Announces Therapeutic Exercise Program
Did you know?
We offer a Physiotherapy Therapeutic Exercise program that is covered under your physiotherapy extended health benefits.
What Is Physiotherapy?
The practice of physiotherapy is the assessment of neuromuscular, musculoskeletal and cardio respiratory systems, the diagnosis of diseases or disorders associated with physical dysfunction, injury or pain and the treatment, rehabilitation and prevention or relief of physical dysfunction, injury or pain to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment function and promote mobility.
Why Therapeutic Exercise for Rehab?
By teaching the client the basic principles under the "Therapeutic Exercise" program ensures that they will become aware of how their bodies function. This is key with clients who have chronic neck, shoulder and/or back issues such as scoliosis, disc degeneration or any postural faults.
Therapeutic Exercise is effective for:
- General conditioning
- Early Active Rehabilitation
- Injury prevention
- Sports Conditioning and Performance
- Spinal conditions including pain, surgical, scoliosis, postural dysfunction
- Pre and Post Natal Women
- Continence and Pelvic Floor retraining
- Medical Rehab - MS, Fibromyalgia, Breast Cancer etc.
Book an initial assessment with the physiotherapist. The assessment will take approximately 30 minutes.
The physiotherapist will asses you to determine whether or not you are a good "candidate" for our therapeutic exercise/rehab program.
Depending on the assessment findings the physio will then recommend private therapeutic Pilates sessions with Studio Zee Pilates instructors. We can schedule your private appointments when they work best with your schedule Monday through Saturday.
Re-assessment occurs as often as the physiotherapist feels is appropriate for your unique needs, and in keeping with the guidelines of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. This is required by most extended health companies in order for Studio Zee Pilates to continue to bill and work with you.
Physiotherapy Treatments, Acupuncture and More!
Additional physiotherapy services to augment the therapeutic pilates program. Physiotherapy treatment services will be provided by Josie Germano, registered physiotherapist, and include:
- Active release therapy (ART)
- Therapeutic taping
- Correction of muscle imbalances to facilitate your progress with therapeutic Pilates.
5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Therapeutic Exercise for Rehab:
- Therapeutic exercise incorporates biomechanical knowledge, emphasizing core strength and stability and restoration of the natural curves of the spine.
- Therapeutic exercise is safe and effective for any injury, and for any rehab client.
- Therapeutic exercise/pilates is respected, recommended and recognized worldwide by health professionals such as exercise physiologists, medical doctors, chiropractors and physical therapists.
- Therapeutic exercise mind-body focus can help those suffering from chronic pain disorders, to decrease pain and introduce coping methods/techniques.
- Therapeutic exercise not only improves a clients physical well being, but also promotes positive mental well being. This is an important factor while recovering from an injury, a positive mind set and focus is known to aid/assist for a better recovery.